Selling your home can be a daunting task and the more you know, the more informed decisions you will be able to make. Give yourself and your home the chance to succeed by hiring the right Realtor. With someone by your side who knows the business, is entrenched in the Real Estate community and knows how to merchandise your property, you’ll be more than prepared for anything you may face in the selling process. With the right Realtor comes a team of people in their back pocket to take care of the things that need taking care of, plus relationships with other Brokers that will give more exposure to your listed home.
Keep these tips in mind when you’re ready to sell:
1. Before you do anything to your home consult with a Realtor.
2. A professional should send in their stager to advise you on what you need to do specifically to get your home on the market.
3. Hire the stager or do what he or she says to do!
4. Price your house at market value or just under to inspire competitive bids.
5. Keep your house "showing" ready throughout the process. (Did you see our post on Tips for Selling Your Home in Winter?)
6. Air out your house before showings if possible and turn all lights on. A house with odors will not sell no matter how well it shows.
7. Make sure toilet seats are down.
8. Have bottled water and some non messy snack out for Realtors and buyers.
9. Be flexible in your showing times.
10. If you have pets, make sure they have a secured location during the showings.
11. Make sure your windows are clean.
12. Make sure your Realtor offers professional photographs.
13. Have your house professionally cleaned.
14. Once you have an offer, make sure you are clear on what you can and can not live with.
15. Be prepared to fix health and safety issues that come up with the inspection.
16. Make sure you have hired a professional that can keep the team together and moving forward in the transaction. Someone who is strong negotiator, a strong communicator and is solutions based is your best bet to successfully sell your home.